Thursday, December 8, 2011

for the love of christmas....


The tree is dressed and the excitement of Christmas is in the air.  Hello all, I hope each of you are enjoying a beautiful week.  It certainly is a busy time of year for so many of us.  Last evening Honey and I went in search of Christmas lights.  If you have followed me for sometime here on the blog, you know how much I love all those pretty twinkling colorful lights, simply wonderful!  Christmas is certainly a special time of the year!

Tomorrow I will be making a trip to the market in search of some lovely red delicious apples, some for eating and some for oven drying for apple cinnamon potpourri.  I missed making them last year and was determined to do so this year.  Once the slow process of drying the apples is done then the real fun begins.  I then add to the apples...cinnamon, apple spice potpourri oil, cinnamon sticks and a few small dried pods. Once all ingredients are added, I place it all in a bag and shake shake shake.  Once the shaking is complete I the potpourri in a pretty bowl. The wonderful smell of these apples certainly say Christmas and last and last.  If the smell fades simply add a few drops of potpourri oil.  Click here for complete instructions on drying apples. I hope you try it. :)

Continue to enjoy a lovely week each and everyone of you♥

Smiles♥

Beverly

12 comments:

Hoghart said...

I never made apple cinnamon pot-pourri. It seems a long process to dry the apples but it must have wonderful smell. A touch of Christmas spirit in your house.

Thank you to share with us Beverly.

Enjoy your weekend :o)

Hugs

Tracy said...

Sounds delicious, Beverly! Thanks for the great idea... I've been burning the scent of the season and loving it--cedarwood, pine, myrrh...mmm... Happy Days, my friend. Thank you so much for you lovely note. :o) ((HUGS))

Jeanne said...

Much love and many blessings
Love Jeanne

Anne said...

What a good idea, dear Beverly! I shall try to do one during my next holidays before Christmas eve.
Enjoy a lovely weekend!
Anne

Magnolia Tea said...

Oh my goodness, that apple cinnamon potpourri sounds really scrumptious!
Thanks so much for the how-to. :)
Have a great weekend!

cheeky rose said...

apple and cinnamon hmmm lovely

Marilyn said...

Oh apple potpourri would be indeed delightful for this time of year.

Christina said...

the scent of your home, must be beautiful!
happy holiday's my friend.
xoxo

Purl Buttons said...

I just found you and think I will pour a cup of tea and visit awhile. I will check into making the apple potpourri. I am interested to try it out.

mycottage said...

Beverly, Your blog is so beautiful! I hope that you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.
God Bless,
Ginger

Fixing My Thoughts said...

Dear Beverly, I'm wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a most Blessed 2012! Bess

Marianne said...

Merry Christmas, Beverly!